Saturday, August 23, 2008

Obama/Biden '08!

I'm totally on board with the Biden decision...another good call from Obama. He pretty much just sealed his presidency, which is beyond *awesome*. The only thing I worry about is the difficulty of living up to his oratory. It's essentially impossible to effect a ton of change in Washington in 4 years. 8 would be a whole lot better, but if people feel he's let them down he wouldn't make it that far...:-/. I hope I'm proven wrong though. I'd hate for that to happen. And hell, Bush got re-elected, so we've shown that really, anything is possible!

I feel all weird and depersonalized today. Nothing feels quite real. I'm usually high or low...this automaton feeling is strange and I don't know what to do with it. Things have changed a lot in my personal life, so maybe it's just that I have to adjust to all of that before I feel normal again.

I'm really looking forward to next week and getting classes started...because I'm a dork like that. ONE MORE YEAR! Everything's ready for my grad apps except for recommendation letters. Sometimes I can't stand this state...and I say that of course excepting the many cool people I've met here. Also Raleigh is pretty cool, I could deal with going to NC State. I just have to see what kind of financial aid I can get, and being in-state works against me, so I'm thinking it will be ODU or VCU. Who knows, really...

No comments: